Frequently Asked Questions:

Will My Homeowners Insurance Cover Roof Repairs?

Yes, many insurance plans will cover most roof repairs, but it does depend on your coverage and the type of damage your roof has. One thing you will want to check is if your policy is an RCV (Replacement Cost Value) or ACV (Actual Cost Value) policy. This will make a big difference in the final amount of money your insurance company pays for the damage. If you are not sure, you should ask your agent.

As your professional roofer and roofing claims specialist, GC Services wants to make sure you understand the entire process and know where you stand with your roofing claim before we ask you to sign any contracts. Let us know if you have any questions; we are happy to help. In addition to helping you understand the paperwork, we will communicate directly with your insurance company acting as your advocate and make sure you receive everything you are entitled to. After all, you pay your premiums every month.

What Roofs Are Best For Commercial Buildings?

Commercial buildings tend to use roofs that help with water flow from rain, as well as roof types that require little maintenance. Certain types include low slope single ply membranes such as TPO and metal roofing are great options. It is important to not just think about your commercial roof as single product like TPO or metal roofing. As there are many other components that help keep the inside dry, such as drains, flashing or scuppers just to name a few. It should be thought of as a commercial roof system.

Does It Matter of The Type of Shingles I Choose?

Yes, the type of shingles you choose can have different material costs and can also effect the energy efficiency of your home or office building. In addition, certain types of roofing materials may qualify you for discounts of up to 30% on your home owners insurance. This is something that should be considered. GC Services is more than happy to go over all the different options with you. We love to talk about roofing, so give us a shout (210) 846-7677.